Bear Lake Plans
- Bear Lake Comprehensive Management Plan
- Bear Lake Management Classification Map
- Bear Lake Amendment Appendix G Proposed Draft
- Bear Lake Amendment Appendix G Supplement*
*The Appendix G Supplement includes the analysis that was used to arrive at the management goals and objectives of the boat ramp amendment (Appendix G).
Bear Lake Comprehensive Management Plan Amendment
The Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands (FFSL) is beginning a process to amend the 2009 Comprehensive Management Plan (CMP) for the Utah portion of Bear Lake.
Amendments are proposed to address two issues:
- Formulate policies for the authorization of private boat ramps at Bear Lake.
- Make technical revisions to the 2014 Bear Lake CMP Amendment
The plan amendment process will include a 30 day scoping period, beginning 4/29/2016 and ending 5/31/2016.
A public meeting will be held during the Bear Lake Annual Conference:
Saturday, May 14th 2016
Garden City Town Offices
69 N. Paradise Parkway, Bldg B.
Presentations will begin at 10 am.
Bear Lake Amendment Appendix G
Due to comments and input received from several stakeholders and partners at Bear Lake that were not provided during the initial scoping phase of the project, FFSL would like to take the opportunity to re-evaluate alternatives and draft an amendment that provides a more localized solution for boat ramps at Bear Lake.
It is anticipated that a revised Bear Lake Amendment will be available for public review in winter 2016.
Thank you for your participation and cooperation in this process!